SQL Server 2014 enables new, unique hybrid cloud solutions that can positively impact customers' bottom line and allow them to create new innovative hybrid cloud solutions for their database applications. The presence of SQL Server accounts that are not running Enterprise Edition and/or have not yet upgraded to 2014 represents an untapped opportunity for sellers and Hosters alike.
Customers Already Realize SQL Value—Help Them Realize More, Buy More, and Grow More
Currently, the global SQL Enterprise revenue mix among SPLA resellers is 50% vs. SQL Standard. If your SQL Enterprise mix is below 50%, you have a lot of opportunity to grow your business.
Despite the popularity of SQL Server, many Hosters and end customers are not aware of how the specific advancements in 2014 Enterprise Edition can benefit them:
- In-Memory OLTP – This new built-in, highly efficient design is unique in the market, allowing businesses to scale-up their data processing and analysis capabilities to match data production and produce faster insights from any data.
- Improved Scalability – New capabilities in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2014 enable SQL Server 2014 Enterprise Edition to scale beyond previous limits, including scalable network virtualization capabilities.
- AlwaysOn Enhancements – The very popular AlwaysOn high availability design from Enterprise 2012 has been extended to include new flexibility and features, including multiple database failover and simplified deployment and management.
- Improved BI Capabilities – As data volumes continue to grow, SQL Enterprise provides visualizations and complex graphical reports faster than ever before, eliminating bottlenecks and connecting end customers to their business vision.
Version update accounts
Hosters with customers running older versions of SQL Server, including SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, and SQL Server 2012.
Edition upgrade accounts
Hosters with customer running recent versions of SQL Server Standard Edition (2012, 2014) who will benefit from the higher availability and improved data processing speeds and BI features of Enterprise Edition.
How you can benefit
Realize improved revenue in your SQL Server line of business through increased addition of Enterprise in your overall mix.Server 2012.
Capture additional share of the increasing market for high-‐capability data solutions to meet business customer needs.
- 12 Conversations Webcast video and presentation: "Maximizing SQL Value"– learn more about going to market with SQL Server 2014 Enterprise Edition.
- Access the Video
- Access the presentation
- "Microsoft SQL Server 2014 For Hosting Service Providers" Data Sheet and Feature Matrix – Add your branding and use these materials to sell SQL Server 2014 Enterprise Edition and understand how doing so will benefit you.
- Access the data sheet
- Access the feature matrix
- Hoster-Ready Presentation: "SQL Server 2014: The Data Platform For The Cloud" – use this when selling the features and benefits of SQL Server 2014 Enterprise Edition
- Hoster-Ready Tele Discussion Infographic: "Maximizing SQL Value" – use this when calling your customers to discuss upgrading to SQL Server 2014 Enterprise Edition